03 July 2013

Snickerdoodle Cupcake

I really like Snickerdoodle cookies. I've never really been a chocolate lover but I do love pumpkin and cinnamon. There's just something about a warm snickdoodle with a tall glass of milk (add ice please).

I came across some recipes on Pinterest for different cinnamon flavored cupcakes and thought that re-creating a snickerdoodle cookie could be very fun! I wanted to not only get the right cinnamon taste but I wanted the cinnamon coating crunch and the dense-foamy-ness that a true snickerdoodle possess.


I think the key to this cupcake turning out so delicious is using REAL cinnamon. I've done some research and the cinnamon that we can buy for $1 at save-a-lot is not real cinnamon. Its basically cinnamon flavored chalk dust. I bought THIS CINNAMON off of Amazon and have not been let down. A little goes a long way, I promise. And the taste is like nothing you've had before. 

I am really happy with the way that this cupcake turned out! I have made it about half a dozen times and each time people moan upon each bite and give rave compliments. I'm so happy that other people enjoy it as much as I do.



Snickerdoodle Cupcake with CinnaButtercream Frosting


Cake Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I highly suggest a Grade A cinnamon)
1/2 c. melted butter, cooled
1 1/4 c. white granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
3/4 c. whole milk or buttermilk
cinnamon/sugar mix

1) Preheat your oven to 350 F and line cupcake tin with liners.
2) Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
3) In a mixing bowl, beat together sugar and butter until it is fluffy and light in color. 
4) Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla and almond extracts and milk. Mix until smooth.
5) Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
6) Spoon into cupcake liners (I use an ice cream scoop for consistency). Fill 2/3 full. Before putting in the oven generously sprinkle cinnamon/sugar on the top of each cupcake then bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with sticky crumbs on it.


Frosting Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 T cinnamon
3 T whole milk

1) Beat butter until light in color and fluffy.
2) Slowly add in powdered sugar (I always start with 2 cups then add in) and beat for 3-4 minutes.
3) Add in vanilla and cinnamon and milk to loosen, if necessary.

Pipe onto cooled cupcakes, garnish with just a pinch more of the cinnamon/sugar mix and ENJOY!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment