06 September 2012

So you like Cinnamon Roll huh?!?!


First, let me start by saying I am not the baker in my family. My mom is an AMAZING baker. So much that I wish I had the money to give her to start her own bakery. She'd be huge...like DC Cupcake or Cake Boss huge. But, for now, I guess she'll have to stick to her Kitchen Aide mixer and cluttered countertops. Sorry Ma. One day.......

Anyway...I stumbled across this tempting cake one day on Pinterest (imagine that!) and pinned it. Which was an obvious mistake because every time I log in to find a pin it stares at me. This recipe has been yelling at me for months to bake it. I'm not kidding.

So one night while Shawn was out with a few friends, I gave in. I had all the ingredients which is a rarity for baked goods in my house. So, I thought that if I found myself having to explain why I made such a sinfully delicious dessert, I could blame fate. Shawn likes to make me feel guilty about baking sinfully delicious desserts, but he's the one with an obsession with soft batch cookies.

This cake tastes just like my mom's famous "sticky buns". I imagine that name was coined for the sugary gooeyness but also because it accurately describes where they go after I eat them.

Anyway...this recipe is extremely easy to make and even more easy to make disappear. I hope you enjoy it!

Oh So Delicious Cinnamon Roll Cake


Cake:                                       
3 Cups Flour
1/4 tsp S
alt                                          
1 Cup Sugar                                        
4 tsp. Baking Powder                           
1 1/2 Cups Milk
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup butter, melted

Topping:1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 T. Flour
3-4 T Cinnamon (to taste, really)

Glaze:2 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 T Milk
2 T Hazelnut Creamer (or 5T Milk total)
1 tsp. Vanilla


For the cake, mix everything except the butter in a medium bowl. Slowly stir the melted butter into the mixture. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.

For the topping, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated. Taste and add more cinnamon if you'd like. Drop the batter evenly on top of the cake and swirl with a butter knife. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-34 minutes (or until toothpick comes out with soft crumbs of cake on it, not clean).

While the cake is still hot, mix all the ingredients for the glaze in a bowl and drizzle over the top of your cake.

**Warning** I made myself take some to work and give some to my daughters babysitter the following day so that I didn't eat the whole cake. Just Sayin' :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. I have all but the flour or I would probably go make it now. Do you think wheat flour would work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not used wheat flour before for this. Although, I remember hearing my mom say that when she makes her sticky buns she can't use wheat flour because it tends to cook harder than white flour. if that makes sense. If I were you, I would go buy white flour and make this NOW!! LOL! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete