14 January 2013

Delectable Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have had my share of baking woe's in my lifetime. I've under cooked, over cooked and flat out burnt many of cookies in my days. I've also been on a never-ending journey to find that perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. The kind of cookie that tingles every taste bud on your tongue, is a little crunchy on the outside and super soft and chewy in the middle, the perfect amount of chocolaty gooeyness and not too sweet, and one that never lets you down. I have tried dozens of recipes on this journey and every single one has been a let down for one reason or another.

I am so happy that my search came to an end one night when an impromptu craving for chocolate chip cookies struck. I thought, this recipe seems like it has potential so lets give it a whirl. I tried to keep myself from being too excited because I didn't want to be let down like so many times before. All I was hoping for was a cookie that would satisfy my craving and nothing more.

Friends, let me tell you....I have now unpinned every other recipe for chocolate chip cookies on my pinterest page. This is THE ONE. It is everything that I wanted in a chocolate chip cookie and then some. I have made them three times now and each time they turn out so perfect. And the bonus is that the recipe yield almost 3 1/2 dozen nice sized cookies!

I encourage you to give this cookie recipe a try. I would be surprised if you don't feel the same way I do about this one. It is by far the most delicious chocolate chip cookie I have EVER had!!



The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie


(photo courtesy of www.twotwentyone.net)


3/4 C. Salted Butter, softened/melted
1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
1 C. White Sugar
1 C. Light Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Pure Vanilla
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. and a dash of Salt
3 C. Flour
2 C. Milk Chocolate Chips


1) Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees. If you're oven runs hot or cold, adjust accordingly.
2) Cream the slightly warm melted butter with the white and brown sugars.
3) Add vanilla and  the eggs and beat until the eggs are incorporated and the batter looks fluffy. 
4) In a small bowl combine the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Add this to the wet mixture slowly until combined.
5) On a slow speed or with a spoon, fold in the chocolate chips. 
6) Chill cookie dough for 30 minutes to firm it up (this will help with the presentation also)
7) Once chilled, roll the dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place 2 inches apart. Make the dough ball more tall than round if that makes sense. This will prevent the cookies from turning out flat
8) Bake for 8-9 minutes, but keep an eye on them. When they are just slightly brown on the bottom, take them out of the oven and remove from the pan immediately.


There are a few keys to this recipe: 1) when you use slightly warm melted butter versus the room temperature softened butter, it will help to melt the sugar granules. 2) The dash of salt is key. Just a dash or a pinch. 3) use Pure Vanilla not the imitation junk. It will make or break any baked good but will be the difference between a home run and a strike out. 4) Chilling the dough sort of sets it. It will help achieve the slightly crispy edge and soft inside that is key to any good cookie.

(this recipe is a modified version of the recipe at www.twotwentyone.net)








1 comment: