07 January 2013

Better-Than-A-Rib-House Ribs

This title is pretty ambitious, I know. But I wouldn't steer you wrong. If you like tender, fall off the bone ribs with a great BBQ flavor, you have to try this recipe. It is so simple that, the first time I made it, I was hesitant because I didn't think it would live up to the promise. So, believe me, I understand what's going through your head right now. But trust me....you've got to give this recipe a try! I paired these ribs with my delicious roasted cauliflower and side salad.

Better-Than-A-Rib-House Crock Pot Ribs


3 lbs Pork or Beef Ribs (use what you prefer)
1/2 c Water
1/4 c Cooking Sherry
3 T Worcestershire Sauce
Liquid Smoke, just a shake or two
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Garlic Powder, a few sprinkles
BBQ Sauce

1) Season the meaty side of the ribs with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
2) Cut into sections small enough to allow them to stand up in your crock put. I have two crock pots and for this one I use the deeper less round one. I hope that makes sense.
3) Pour water, sherry, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke into the crock pot.
4) Stand the ribs up (make them look like a picket fence)
5) Pour your favorite BBQ sauce over the ribs (about a half cup). It will kind of "melt" down as they are cooking to coat all the ribs in the crock pot
6) Cook on low for 6-8 hours. You can cook on high for 3-4 hours but I recommend 6-8 for the low and slow method. It makes a big difference.

When they are done, I usually coat them with a little bit more BBQ sauce and serve!!

For my homemade BBQ sauce, check out the blog!

*this recipe was adopted and tweaked from www.teamhess.blogger.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment